10 October 2018

A follow up to Hurricane Michael

When I last posted about Hurricane Michael yesterday, the storm was a Category 3 hurricane with winds of 125 mph (~ 200 km/h). However, today the storm has grown ferociously strong, becoming the deadliest storm to ever impact the Florida Panhandle region.

As I write this, Michael is expected to hit the Panhandle of Florida at any moment, and this storm has wickedly fast winds of 150 mph (~ 240 km/h), making Michael a dangerous Category 4 hurricane, and winds that were not predicted to occur at all, are rapidly becoming a reality. To put the wind speed into perspective, 150 mph is around the speed that aeroplanes need to take off from the ground, so that gives an idea of how fast the winds are howling around Michael.

I hope the very best for the people living in the Florida Panhandle who are riding out the storm today.

Here is my previous post talking about Hurricane Michael and me.